Friday, July 13, 2007

Killer Kwotes


Many of you know of Yogi Berra and the his infamous and much-quoted "Yogi-isms"; but you most definitely are not acquainted with Killer Kwotes. Prepare yourself for some thoroughly enjoyable shock and awe.

The story...

One of the naval aviation's highest ranking and most influential leaders today was the commanding officer of one of my A-6 Intruder squadrons way back when. During about a 20-month period while he was the Executive Officer and then Commanding Officer of the squadron, he spewed forth some incredibly quotable quotes. And, of course, the wily junior officers took note of them, and TOOK NOTES of them, during every meeting. I think you'll see that there are some amazing mixed metaphors -- amazing in both quality AND quantity.

I think you'll also agree that this is a most impressive command of the mixed metaphor. Since the squadron probably only had one or two AOMs (All-Officer Meetings) a week, he was inadvertantly cranking out 3 to 6 UNIQUE Killer'isms EVERY MEETING. To me, this total number adds up to "amazing machine-like inepti-efficiency".

Climb aboard for a wild and bewildering ride; you'll see that many (if not all) of these lines are absolutely ACCIDENTALLY brilliant!!


As you read, I challenge you to avoid some chortling and snorting...

Enjoy,
snak


(Disclaimer: Much of these quotes were recorded while the squadron was deployed at sea, back before there were any female sailors aboard. So this is probably rated PG-Swearing Like a Sailor)



KILLER KWOTES

1. That’s water under the dam now.
2. Good news does not get better with age.
3. Please be sure that it can happen to anyone.
4. It’s a common occurrence that rarely happens.
5. I want to meet every one of them individually in a group in the Ready Room.
6. It’ll help them honish their skills.
7. It’s a gentler, kindler Navy.
8. In meetings, sometimes you reach the law of diminishing returns.
9. We are strung out like a piano chord.
10. I’m from the old school of thumb.
11. If they get backed into a corner like a cat or an animal…
12. Grabbed by the cuff of the neck…
13. We are trying to compete wholeheartedly with the other contractors.
14. The best way to get a shot of hot piss down your leg is…
15. A good aircrew has to continually mismatch the ADI and VGI.
16. The onus is in their court.
17. Don’t demand a piece of junk.
18. Everybody’s trying to get their foot in the door before it gets cut off.
19. We have to look at the forest through he trees and say, ‘What’s wrong with this picture?’
20. It’s unfair to take the coffee mess money and fund someone else’s social graces.
21. It’s your f---in’ Mess.
22. You’re at the bottom of the bus.
23. That little Gestapi-Nazo!
24. I don’t want to be the choir director.
25. We’re sitting on pins and cushions here.
26. If you get a zinger from me, don’t think I forgot; if you’re going to blow it off, tell me, ‘XO, I got your memo and I’ll get back to you in three months.’
27. I’m still an analog computer; I haven’t gone digital yet.
28. Shit on ya; good job.
29. That’s half a bargain at that price.
30. Let’s keep it short and simple.
31. That squadron’s got one foot half in the coffin.
32. Thank God for moral victories.
33. Let me know about any grenades before they get thrown in mine or the Skipper’s lap.
34. I don’t want to scrutinize the bachelors, but married guys with kids will have priority for leave.
35. No fly-by-night shit on leave papers.
36. You can’t take your chances if you don’t take a ticket.
37. We’re either gonna shit and shit a lot, or we’re not to gonna shit at all.
38. [2 ½ months into deployment] It’s time to think about what we’re doing out here.
39. I pick up shit all the time.
40. I’ll give you one more thing to think about, but tuck it away somewhere else.
41. I’ve survived the paperwork – I’m out of that hill now.
42. I went away for awhile, and when I returned, everything was better.
43. It was a calamity of errors.
44. It was a learning lesson.
45. The airplane was bouncing around like a piece of popcorn.
46. I just want you guys to know that I didn’t score well on the SAT’s in English.
47. We went to the Blue Marlin [Marine], and I got me some Geechi pants and pogo shirts.
48. We just oogled ‘em right there.
49. Well, this is fine as frog hair.
50. Guys can’t just walk in here and expect to be handed a silver platter.
51. When my skipper heard bout it, he went catatonic; he had that kid crying.
52. This is what we do – we go up and tank.
53. If it sounds like I’m beriddling you, I’m not.
54. Some of us are a little fit in our ways.
55. I was flabbergassed to find that our guys didn’t make it.
56. Is this written in concrete? Is this written in quicksand? I don’t know.
57. My door is open; you can call me anytime.
58. We need to bucker down.
59. Give me a piece of meat the size of a #10 shit can lid.
60. We’ll go into combat and kiss somebody’s ass from here to Kingdom Come.
61. My son’s trying to pull the shit over my eyes.
62. We were out in big sand dunes, like you read about in the Sahara or the Sands of Kilimanjara.
63. [at parade rest at quarters] While I’ve got you all sitting here…
64. That’s not a hard-written fast rule.
65. I felt like a monkey f---in’ a football.
66. 99 times out of 10 it’s not going to work.
67. You've gotta grab the cow by the balls… I mean steer.
68. If he looks okay, give him a thumbs off.
69. That’s the culmination on the cake.
70. I consider them all to be neck-and-neck in the wire.
71. If guys haven't figured it out by now, they're not on board with the bandwagon.
72. [using hands like scales] You have to weigh all things evenly before you start juggling.
73. Tigers – let’s float those up.
74. Piss Break; Fill your coffee cup.
75. There are certain unextenuating circumstances.
76. I’ve popped a few fuses trying to figure it out myself.
77. It will go over a long way.
78. You ought to have it down to a fine science now.
79. This isn’t the f---ing Good Ship Lollipop.
80. That’s definitely the cat’s ass.
81. [on Ready Room board] Anyone not flying in a flight suite, you’re in the wrong uniform.
82. No matter where I am, I know where I am: if I’m on the shitter, I’m on the shitter; if I’m on the beach, I’m on the beach.
83. You need as many swings at the bat as you can get.
84. I don’t think we’re being tasked to the limit on leave.
85. Groner, get in the lean-and-rest position.
86. I can’t force you into buying one, but I can probably coerce you into buying one.
87. I don’t know what it’s going to take, short of a ball peen hammer falling on a guy’s head, to get with the program.
88. He was just caught in a wreckus and a fight.
89. I’ve got the leave for Poth and Herbart. [Perth and Hobart]
90. No hazing; no blackballing or pink-bellying.
91. We’re gonna get hit in the check pocket; we’re running into a check cashing problem; we got no f---in’ bucks; f--- you!
92. It’s ever paramount that we know how to operate in function with our sister services.
93. You don’t want to pull out early just to find out it was all for no reason.
94. J-3: by and far, where the gist of most Navy guys go.
95. Logistics – that’s where your doctors work.
96. There’s a lot of opportunity to be writing the Moses’ Commandments of what we’ll be doing.
97. They will rotate around their deputies.
98. It’s not too early to sketch out your career and see where a joint tour falls out in the cards.
99. We’ll have cake and cock for the CO.
100. Tell your guys: “Get on board with the drinking and driving program.”
101. You better sit down and have a long thought with yourself about it.
102. It was a shitty deception of any horizon at all.
103. I like a good cup-o’-chino.
104. We need to break up the triumvirate back there.
105. The Skipper hit it right on the head with a Class A personality.
106. The other flip side of that is…
107. Those are different sides of the opposite circle.
108. We’re shittin’ in high cock now.
109. Cruise is not over ‘til the fat lady sings.
110. I was renege in doing that.
111. Persistence is the better part of valor.
112. I don’t know if the Wing would be amiable to doing that.
113. Let’s organize a Home Improvement party for the barracks.
114. It’s very definitive from the [award] citations who can write and who can’t.
115. Let your common sense be your guide.
116. Now, there’s a touchy go case.
117. You can buff up a turd only so well.
118. We’re gonna come out of the gun shooting.
119. We’re not going to be able to participate in the [Intruder Bombing] Derby because we’re surrounded by events.
120. Make sure your inputs are intertwined.
121. The weather hasn’t exactually been red hot.
122. Intruder Awards are on tack.
123. Let’s have Trooper Hooper come out.
124. I thought I’d tell him that just to get a rile out of him.
125. It’s a double-sided sword.
126. Enough has been said, but as I said, [blah, blah, blah]…
127. For almost 98 percent of you guys, this applies.
128. That movie had me sittin’ on the end of my seat.
129. Those guys were hootin’ and hollerin’ and drinkin’ under the table.
130. All the tea leaves came to the surface and we had trouble with boating.
131. It doesn’t take much in that airplane to get your head up and locked.
132. I’m gonna let the Skipper look at it for a common sense check, but obviously he’s not gonna have a lot of impact.
133. We have to find the happy median.
134. Think about how much credence we should put on low levels.
135. Let’s send max jets one-way to Boardman [bombing range] and get each one of them blueprinted.
136. It’s a tough nut to crack to get your arms around.
137. STONE sounds like your’ going to throw something; BAT sounds like you’re gonna hit something.
138. Where do we get the most money for our buck in this thing?
139. You guys are more than willing to jump on this with your input.
140. We have a simulator that’s suppose to be the cat’s ass, so let’s use it.
141. I’ll be the benefit of the doubt he’ll be extended for next deployment.
142. Wait’ll you see the fluckin’ floodgates.
143. I sentiment the Skipper’s feelings exactly.
144. We’ll be tucked up and nustled in.
145. We’ve got a lot of little wickets in the fire right now.
146. None of the times were commesmerate with our rhythms.
147. The zip-top comes off and we’re over and done.
148. Guys were takin’ a whiz and packin’ their piece.
149. Well and behold, I had the turret out at ten miles.
150. I ran into a wall that you read about.
151. None of this ever came into account.
152. They all wanted to be up for their first night launch at noon.
153. We are wound more tighter than a drum.
154. He was in his face and brought him down to f---in’ parade rest.
155. I’m has horny as a three dollar bill.
156. The Skipper and I have been around the block a few times.
157. That’s were the buck meets the road.
158. He was unindated.
159. Those [unshined] boots are like being in the desert for forty years and forty nights.
160. If one of you bastards use my chair and leave the seat back, I’ll stick my boot up your ass.
161. If you don’t start kicking some ass, I’ll kick your ass.
162. There are deceivious people.
163. Sometimes you’ve got to step back to see the trees in the forest.
164. He had carte blank.
165. It was quick and sweet.
166. That was an understory.
167. It’ll blow up just like the Hildenburg blimp.
168. I’m a commander; I’m not proud!
169. He couldn’t do it in good conscientiousness.
170. You’ve got to be able to carefully inspectigate the problem.
171. I’ll be the bottom dollar out of my wallet.
172. … the whole shittin’ caboodle.
173. That’s where someone is going to make their bread and butter.
174. Once you get beyond the point of no return, it only gets worse.
175. We've got to expand the section of the program on the squadron’s bibliography.
176. Your chances for advancement are far and few between.
177. Buddy and I can avouch for that.
178. Please pack for negative hernias.
179. We’ve come too far and too long.
180. We’re gonna be spread to the faces of the earth.
181. Put on your visionary thinking.
182. Another one similar to that was…
183. When is the Steel Deck Beachnic? (Steel Beach Picnic)
184. If you haven’t paid by the time we pull into August…
185. They have a board that’s not publishized too much.
186. It may be a good deal; it may be a shit sandwich.
187. There’s a lot of people getting a little laxadaisical.
188. We have to sho ‘em the way and the light, ‘til they’re beyond the point of no return, and then we help kick ‘em out.
189. Let’s get started and wait for the Skipper.
190. I have a few years’ savvy, so I was able to write a three-page flaming letter.
191. I will back you 100%, so don’t’ worry that there will be any repatriation.
192. Guys showin’ up two hours late for duty – I want to nip that in the butt from the very beginning.
193. We’re coming down to what we call, in the trenches, a wakeup.
194. They’re into making top dollar ‘cause they’re losing money hand over foot.
195. I better hang around with the new XO and take him under my arm.
196. We’re definitely being put out on the plank here to walk off.
197. You’ll find out about the new XO good enough.
198. So far we’ve had zero liberty instances (incidents).
199. You’re delegated to making coffee for the next year.
200. I want you guys to solve it at the lowest common denominator.
201. When you have the out-of-life experience, you’ll know it.
202. It’s the pretty most shit-hot squadron plaque I’ve seen.
203. Guys, I’m sure you’ll get to say your last respects to the CO.
204. It hasn’t really hit in yet.
205. I told him the A-6 is paying the brunt of the downsizing.
206. When I come in to your shop, don’t feed me the parovial BS.
207. Get your arms around the guys who are on leave.
208. Put on your flying cap.
209. Let’s blueprint our airplanes.
210. Winning the Battle E would be a nice caveat to a productful year.
211. I think we’re being f---ed, and that’s being nice.
212. That’s excentially right.
213. Since he’s our DCAG, I want to make sure he gets the white glove treatment.
214. Some of their haircuts are getting a little too scrufty.
215. The O’Club is in the red, and it’s not getting into the blue.
216. As much as possible, I’ll try to hold your days off sacrosanct.
217. Wonders never cease to amaze me.
218. Be sure to strap in before getting into your vehicle.
219. Hopefully I’ll be standing up here again in the not too near distant future.
220. It’s gotta be Main Battery equipped to go airborne.
221. We need to come to grips and closure on this thing.
222. They were perfection in action.
223. My hats are really off to you guys.
224. If you don’t promote -- forget it, you won’t transition to blimp pilot.
225. This one frosts my nuts like nothing else.
226. That’s the epitome of the left hand not talking to the right.
227. If he wants to do that and shoot his Navy career in the foot, let him – he’s already shot off two toes in this community.
228. Anybody got any other items? We sort of covered the gauntlet today.
229. We’ve got airplanes strown out across the United States.
230. Come by and I’ll give you my five cents worth.
231. He may look a little gingerly when he comes in today.
232. I’m divulging myself from this whole thing.
233. There’s enough substantial evidence to warrant further investigation.
234. If you’re driving without a license, then you’re stupider than you think.
235. We’ve got to put our feet in the water and test it.
236. Whoever dreamed this up should have a bullet hole shot in his head.
237. I’d like to go in there with a couple of bartering chips.
238. We can’t be in a reactivary mode.
239. Keep me abreasted on these changes.
240. Let’s cover it with the black Nalgahyde.
241. When they come out of St. Augustine, do these aircraft pick up their periodical inspections?
242. That guy could take an A-6 apart and put it back together.
243. That’s nickel rocket stuff.
244. We’re going to have a ration of pilots leaving.
245. I don’t know how many of those guys are going to be jumping off the paper to do that.
246. That’s not to suffice it to say it’s not gonna happen.
247. I’ve got slack for a new LDO Ensign to get his feet on the ground.
248. He could speak the language [English] when I couldn’t.
249. It wasn’t long ago after Desert Shield that his squadron got stripped down to parade rest.
250. There are no sacristies here where someone’s untouchable.
251. He’s holding onto old coattails hanging around the A-6 community.
252. The XO and myself are not the example.
253. He needs to come to reality and understand that.
254. [On the Ready Room bulletin board] You are #1, but don’t forget, #2 is on your heels. If not moving forward, then drifting backwards.
255. Schlep, I appreciate your candid, undivided opinion.
256. I’m not going to make you do something by threatening to f--- up your career, ‘cause most of you know your career is f---ed up already.
257. Some of you are juggling 20, 15, 30 balls.
258. This guy couldn't pour piss out of a boot with instructions.
259. I’m so f---in’ anal retentive it isn’t even funny.
260. You go out, get your nicotine fit, and come back in to work.
261. He could really pay wreak and havoc if you didn’t like me.
262. He plans to send a “Personal For” Armageddon message to someone.
263. Not to jump on your bailiwick Sarge, but what’s up with the JO’s?
264. We’re gonna get the typical CAPT Meister no-holds-punched brief.
265. Take it to the bank and bank on it.
266. The standard patent answer is, “Come home.”
267. If you have a sense of whit about you, ask for VFR.
268. Let the discretion be the better part of valor.
269. Money’s not the option anymore.
270. Special underwear – we may want to look into that.
271. We’re really getting gun-shy that guys aren’t coming in.
272. He wants to go out with a joint message, so obviously I’ll be reviewing that.
273. If a guy’s doing reckulous driving, stop him.
274. A lot of little stones are getting unturned.
275. They had a bird strike and went into Moses Grant Airport. [Moses Lake, Grant County Airport]
276. Let’s not drop dead ‘til we've looked no more and unturned no more stones.
277. If "El Lock" kicks in with "Az Range", it’ll pluck ‘em in there.
278. Let’s take a piss stop after this.
279. Let’s all rally around the flagpole.
280. My absolute, positively hat’s off to every member of this squadron.
281. It’s not just a few individuals; it’s everybody pulling the strain the same way.
282. What else is goin' on today – the strap shoot?
283. Don’t be stupid enough to get behind your car and drive if you’re drunk.
284. We all understand the stress level of the babysitter syndrome.
285. My fireman neighbor is getting nervous with the ordinance code.
286. You can give me the interpolation later.
287. We’re sittin’ on eggshells waiting for the Derby results.
288. In A-6’s you gotta put your ass where the rubber meets the road.
289. Give yourselves a well-rounded applause.
290. Mentally I was there, a couple of dances back from the ball.
291. We were 32 points out of first place – that’s a fart in the cockpit.
292. Keep on the press.
293. This is a moving crossword puzzle.
294. Were do I put these things in the realm of reality? Right down there by my feet where I can f---ing piss on them.
295. I’ve got a consortum of stuff to do here.
296. He called CAGMO to see if there was anything we could do to get the ball started.
297. We need to keep under our skirts clean.
298. Take it for a grain of salt.
299. If that’s what it says you're supposed to do, that’s not your mission.
300. We’ve had a rash of stupidity incidents.
301. I had all these concoctions in my mind.
302. We’re the guys who put the rubber on the road.
303. I went to envisionary school for TQL last week.
304. We have to come to a couple of determinations.
305. We do too much shootin’ from right here [pointing to stomach].
306. We’re still gravelling with finding the most important processes.
307. What are you taking into Roving Stands [Roving Sands]?
308. Unfortunately, they understand the dollar.
309. We’ll do a little reverse synergy on the JOs.
310. I returned from SLS, and that doesn’t stand for “Shit on a Shingle.”
311. It’s like convincing your Mom, when you’re about to pull the plug on her, that you’re doing what’s best for her.
312. You can get a false sense of illusion [at low altitude].
313. If you don’t think there’s an illusion, then you’re illuding yourself.
314. It was a pisser, because they were the big B/N saliving targets.
315. A couple of admin notes, and we’ll take a quick five-minute piss.
316. [Pointing to his eyes] Remember, you only have two sets of these.
317. Let’s give all these guys an individual round of applause.
318. I don’t not sleep at night because I don’t know what my squadron’s not doing.
319. I can guaran-damn-tee you…
320. Don’t accept anything that’s unacceptable.
321. That’s the biggest impede-ment to total quality.
322. Sometimes I’m not a man with words verbally, but with the written word, I can write.
323. I had a heart-to-heart with Whitely, who’s doing a jam-up job down there.
324. We have to get back with what’s going on here.
325. I don’t think we have to delabor this meeting.
326. The CO should sign off if you’ve exhausted all stones.
327. If I’d had the where-all to know, I would have asked him.
328. You have to move the tea leaves around.
329. They took some of the algorism out.
330. That came to culmination the other night.
331. He’s the lowest common denomineighbor.
332. If we have a dual-sided sword, someone’s gonna have to read it.
333. I’m teetering with that idea.
334. I want to squelch out any rumors.
335. Talk to Sarge if it was a Maintenance foo pas.
336. The prudent man and Hair Mass and I talked about it.
337. There’s no difference between her and LT Mike Gard.
338. He’s got the biggest schwanz – what a beak [nose]!
339. You have a clean bill of slate.
340. He’s let no grass grow under his feet since he’s been there.
341. He believes in the two-sided coin that we shouldn’t point fingers and shoot each other in the face.
342. He wasn’t worried about being up on the bridge and making sure his guys didn’t run into anything.
343. If you don’t have a current preference card on file, you are fair bidding.
344. You WILL check your oil quantity prior to shutdown – no questions asked.
345. If you’re going to go to electrical slaps (slats and flaps), they’re going to take forever to come down.
346. He’s going to sketch out what my thoughts on paper were.
347. This is a tandem effort after I went through my mind melt last night.
348. For a guy to be in a squadron three years, that’s a real mind meld.
349. You’ve certainly run the gauntlet of jobs in the squadron.
350. That includes the formal festivities for tonight.
351. At various and insundry times, we’ll be all over the country.
352. I got lamblasted at the meeting last week.
353. No one has any patented answers.
354. I expect a well-rounding turnout.
355. Anybody got anything for me, raise your hand, not shit, okay.
356. Most things can be preventable.
357. We’re getting’ into the paper tiger, trying to do too much with less.
358. The plate is full and the mound of spaghetti is filling up.
359. There’s a culmination between the two FNAEBs and the availability of OPTAR.
360. I got lamblasted by the blackshoes – they thought I was insensitive.
361. you’ve already ruined my day and pissed me off beyond all recall.
362. I want you to be 100 percent a Tactics Officer and one-third a Total Quality Leadership Coordinator.
363. The docs are hatin’ that – calling Madigan for a sexual appointment.
364. [Discussing complacency and a hypothetical death] What am I gonna tell his Mom and Dad? “Your son is a lazy person; now he’s a dead lazy person.”
365. I breached the subject with him.
366. You are my knowledge of information.
367. Somebody needs to annotate that with a big sledgehammer.
368. The Derby is one little link in a chain that’s part of a group of chains that we need to link together.
369. Eat, drink, and be Murray.
370. To cachet a phrase, we’ll do continuous process improvement.
371. Just when you thought someone was pissin’ in your Rice Krispies, this happens.
372. The Derby is just another event in the cog.
373. They came, they saw, the conquered hit the target.
374. The Admiral is very much a bricklayer.
375. The guy’s been shot at – he’s got a Purple Heart.
376. Oh, how bittersweet it would be to win it two years in a row.
377. He had nothing but raving reviews for our squadron.
378. Tony and the Intel guys totally wowed ‘em. Curly Sheehan and Eric Feagler picked up the slack and flew the WST.
379. We haves no fails to do.
380. He had the hard cork sell on.
381. It’s “The Sairus [Thesaurus] of Alternatives to Worn Out Words and Phrases.”
382. We have to come to a happy medium.
383. It doesn’t take a rocket scientist to read the promotion statistics, and they’re bismal.
384. Guys better have their wits and wherewithal with them.
385. Be prepared for when you open your toolbox and you’ve got Nazi tools inside – in millimeters.
386. We give Kombat Kimmel a hard time about it, but there are no stupid questions.
387. Aw, f---; it’s hell getting old.
388. That thing makes a vicious 360-degree circle.
389. And me, being my non-vocal self, got very vocal.
390. Stand by to gooseneck on this one.
391. Unless anyone has any consternation, I’m ready to support this.
392. Obviously, we on the ESC (Executive Strg Committee) are the Papal Ring.
393. Know, the next time you do the blood, sweat, and tears, that I appreciate it.
394. I’m not gonna slish my wrists for the Navy.
395. We have to let the detailers know what are our consternations.
396. Well, it does leave a crack in the door.
397. You have to know when you are stupid.
398. We have to see if there’s anyone else standing in the wind to take your place.
399. As we finish our meal, we have to throw that plate away.
400. You have some bozo in there who doesn’t know his ass from third base.
401. Times are tough and money’s frugal.
402. I need to tactically tell their skipper that I was less than impressed.
403. It’ll be like talking on deaf ears.
404. That’s how we’ll do it every strike unless it deems itself otherwise.
405. That’s the good and the bad news; the bad news is…
406. You guys’ll be nice enough to know that you have that going for you.
407. I feel like I’m being left out in the dark.
408. It’s on the top of my plate right now.
409. Give me a list of who your plan is.
410. The problem with the winds here is that they’re out of lunch half the time.
411. Let’s not spool our wheels.
412. Library those targets.
413. We already have Judas Iscariot out there waving for us – Disco.
414. B/N’s, it’s all up to you… Pilots, it’s in your lap.
415. Let’s break down, and come back at 1300.
416. We’ll start meeting this afternoon when we get together.
417. Have fun, blow shit up, and bring it back.
418. Let common sense be your judge.
419. What’s really bad is when you go home and put your glasses on to give your eyes a rest, and they’re bifogals.
420. As long as I’m in earshot view of Whidbey, I want you ready to launch.
421. I would spend an awful minimal amount of time on chart preparation.
422. I feel people perform better if they know what they’re asked to perform for.
423. I wish we had a state-of-the-art VCR system instead of the David and Goliath UPQ-5 system.
424. What disheartens me most is that it was a completely unavoidable accident.
425. The die have been cast.
426. We’re not gonna have a plan; everybody’s on a team.
427. We’re like Roger Maris and Mickey Mantle – we wear a lot of tape, and have to spend time in the whirlpool.
428. When it’s a 2-2 tie game, two outs, bottom of the ninth, you better hope the Main Battery’s not up to bat.
429. We feel we did well in the [Intruder Bombing] Derby; we laid the stake.
430. We’re not going to infringe safety.
431. We don’t want anybody getting first degree burns down there because their paley white Whidbey skin got crushed by the Roswell sun.
432. Don’t get behind the wheels of a vehicle.
433. At the Citadel, they’ll take anyone who’s not retarded and has ten toes and five fingers.
434. The only advice I have for you is not much at all.
435. Woe and behold to those guys out and running around.
436. Sammy reminded us of what’s at the top of the plate.
437. While you’re down at Roswell, you’ve got to wear sunburn to protect yourself from the sun.
438. Make sure your flight deck equipment is in good shape and your bladders are in working condition. I want to bring everyone back I take out.
439. Maybe that was just the shot in the eye he needed.
440. Guys, I’m sure you’ll get to say your last respects to the CO.
441. My biological clock has been screwed up ever since we got here.
442. I will kick you out of the Navy so fast your head will be spinning through the revolving door.
443. Those Russians had so many transcripts in the Navy it wasn’t funny.
444. Admin/Pers is not just up there smokin’ and strokin’, they’re doing their job.

No comments: